Hi Sharan,

It's really good to have you on board in this project, thank you for the
positive energy :) I compile below my ideas based on your feedback:

First of all, the ideas I listed in this thread are just ideas that are subject
to change. The important thing is moving forward and getting things done. So I
ask everyone not to worry too much about the choice of technology or tool to
use here or there. I'm sure whatever we decide to go with eventually is okay.
In the end, these are tools, what matters is people and process.

Second I noticed a problem that maybe you Sharan can help with. I observed
multiple times from some community members that they actually _want_ to help
but are overwhelmed with the complexity of this process and are not sure how to
help.

The hesitation for others to engage is because collaboration over the Wiki
Page, Mailing List and JIRA is definitely not enough. Why?

- Slow (feedback on progress, hints, guidance)
- Not very friendly for beginners
- Intimidating: some might be reluctant to ask basic questions on architecture
or programming or so.
- Overwhelming: We are discussing very technical matters and some people would
freak out at the complexity. They need to understand that there are different
tasks at different levels of complexity and that there are senior out there who
are willing to help. The tools we are using for collaboration makes it
difficult to convey this fact.
- Impersonal and we cannot get people engaged. Things like conversations,
brainstorming, assigning tasks, discussing, coaching, teaching and encouraging
are difficult to do. These personal elements are crucial for knowledge transfer
and support.

In short, I think there are members in the society who are willing to help, but
not sure how. It's really unfortunate not to engage these individuals because
of communication barriers.

My 2 cents!

Taher Alkhateeb