Okay, it seems from the documents that you provided we will not feel the
impact, and this would actually improve the situation by ensuring that
files are checked in with the right EOL and we don't need to go back and
forth over the correct EOL encoding.

If you didn't face any problems while converting, then I would suggest to
apply this setting on the entire repo to have a permanent solution for
everything. I faced a few problems in the past with some JavaScript
libraries but maybe that was due to a different cause, not sure.