I think I explained this already several times. Buildbot starts anew each time
on one of the 3 slaves OFBiz uses. So AFAIK there is noway to cache things.

We could ask about other projects practices but I suppose I'd have been noticed when I asked for Gradle installation https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/INFRA-12235

Anyway I fixed it with r1755451

Jacques