发件人: Jacques Le Roux [mailto:jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com]
发送时间: 2016年9月22日 23:07
收件人: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
主题: Re: Commit template, more flexibility [was Re: Put "Reverts" in the commit
template?]

Scott,

Reading your message I guess you did not read my previous explanation on why I
prefer to use present instead of past. You may find more details in digging in
previous emails.

But long story short, I'm French so I can't compete in English with someone
like you for who English is the mother tongue.

The reason I use present is because I got this habit while working with Rupert
Howell. You know, the guy who wrote the first OFBiz book. I don't reveal
anything saying he is from Southampton (at least he lives there). I was then
used to use past also in commit messages. A habit I got while seeing others
committing in OFBiz. But when I saw Rupert  using present, it immediately made
sense to me: at the moment you commit, you are doing an action. So I should use
present, I'm doing the commit, it's not yet done.

I don't know if Rupert will read or appreciate this message, but it's the truth!

Anyway I believe it's a moot point, and we should have the freedom to write as
we prefer, like it's done in a successful project like GitHub...

Jacques