Hi Markus,

Welcome to this thread. Your suggestion seems to make sense somewhere. I,
and I guess other contributors also, need more information to absorb before
the impact of refactoring towards inclusion of JPA can be fully assessed.

In your posting you reference a thread on StackOverflow. I venture to state
that a lot has changed since 2011, and companies like my own (ORRTIZ.COM),
Ilscipio GmbH and others (see [1]) as OFBiz Implementation and Integration
partners can achieve a running OFBix production setup in considerable less
time required than stated in the replies to that StackOverflow posting.

Should you feel requiring more info in that area, feel free to contact me
here of via a DM.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers

Best regards,