All,
I am new to OODT. Just downloaded the software and installed it.

I am following "OODT Filemgr User Guide" to ingest files.
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Filemgr+User+Guide)
Everything went well and I was able to ingest the blah.txt file successfully!

Now here comes my questions:

1.       If I want to add some my own metadata fields in blah.txt.met, what
would be the format?

2.       In product-types.xml file, there is a tag called "metadata". Are these
key/value pairs added to that relevant product type (such as GenericFile) as
metadata fields?

3.       Is there any tutorial that describes a metExtractor creation (either
in Java or Python)?

Thanks,

Wei Shi, M.B.A., M.S.
Architect
UM Comprehensive Cancer Center
NCRC 100/134
O: 734-763-8440 C: 248-835-8453
shi...@med.umich.edu<mailto:shi...@med.umich.edu>

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues