Hi all,

Basic implementation of distributed configuration management using Apache
Zookeeper as the distributed storage has been completed successfully [1].
It has been tested with File Manager located in DRAT [2] and it worked
correctly as expected with distributed configuration management turned on.
OODT logs for running DRAT can be found in [3].

What is left now is improving the documentation on the design [4] and how
to use [5]. Then this feature needs to be tested with resource manager and
workflow manager as well. Finally, I have an idea to allow configuration of
individual components to be refreshed at runtime without having to manually
intervene.

I will be grateful if you can provide me with your suggestions for further
improvements and feedback. Also, thanks to Tom and Chris for guiding me
this far.

Thank you!

[1] https://github.com/apache/oodt/tree/feature/zookeeper-config
[2] https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat
[3] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9XGJ8htsTdURTJCbUNvSUxZN1E
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Rework+OODT+configuration+to+make+use+of+Zookeeper+for+distributed+configuration+management
[5]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Distributed+Configuration+Management

Kind Regards,
*Imesha Sudasingha*
Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>