From: Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Date: Monday, September 3, 2018 at 9:12 AM
To: "dev@oodt.apache.org" <dev@oodt.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Upcoming releases

My understanding is:

1.2.x series –

  > 1.2.5 -> same as 1.2.4 except with logging tone down PRs by Ryan and Tom
and Imesha. (needs forward port to master?)

  > 1.2.6 -> Lewis’s JDK10 fixes so will build on 10? (needs testing and
forward port to master?)

1.9.x series –

  > 1.9 – first release that makes AvroRPC the default. XmlRpc support remains,
but is deprecated and turned off by default.

           (needs testing by Chris in DRAT).

2.0.x series –

   > 2.0 – first release that complete removes XML-RPC as a communication
medium. AvroRpc is left and only implementation.

Make sense? I think this is consistent with Tom’s below.

From: Imesha Sudasingha <imesha...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>

Date: Monday, September 3, 2018 at 8:58 AM

To: dev <dev@oodt.apache.org>

Hi Tom,

As per my understanding, 1.9 will be the next release which will make avro

the default communication provider over XML rpc. 1.9 will also include

logging framework change to log4j2.

Don't know much about 1.2.x releases.

Thanks,

Imesha

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 18:25, Tom Barber <t...@spicule.co.uk> wrote:

Just curious to get some feedback on the upcoming release organisation.

If I understand correctly we’re shipped 1.2.5 with the logging fix for DRAT

release.

Then in reasonably short order, we’re going to ship 1.9 RC1 or 2.0RC1 for

Avro?

We should also ship 1.2.6 and 1.9RC2 or 2.0RC2 to incorporate Lewis’ JDK10

fixes and other bits?

Cheers

Tom

--

Spicule Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number:

09954122. Registered office: First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston

Road, Brighton, England, BN1 6AF. VAT No. 251478891.

All engagements

are subject to Spicule Terms and Conditions of Business. This email and

its

contents are intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed

and

may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise

protected from disclosure, distributing or copying. Any views or opinions

necessarily represent those of Spicule Limited. The company accepts no

liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If

you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by

reply email before deleting it from your system. Service of legal notice

cannot be effected on Spicule Limited by email.