Hi there,

+1 (but please see my observations below)

Here is what I did:
- built Oozie with Hadoop version 2.7.5, installed Oozie sharelib, started
the server,
- executed example workflows using a single node, pseudo Hadoop cluster,
- clicked through the Oozie Web UI to validate basic functionality (checked
job statuses, logs, DAG),
- created a demo workflow using the Oozie Fluent job API, validated and
submitted via Oozie CLI,
- verified the issues reported on RC 1 are now fixed.

Some observations:
- I was hit by OOZIE-3378. As I understand that it will be included in the
next minor release.
- Some of the error messages contain error code twice. For example: "Error:
E0307 : E0307: Runtime error [App directory
[hdfs://localhost:9000/user/root/examples/apps/subwf] does not exist and
app definition cannot be created because of missing
config value [oozie.jobs.api.generated.xml]]"
- I noticed that when we validate workflows generated via the fluent job
API using the Oozie CLI with "-validatejar" and "--verbose" options,
temporary XML files are created in a world readable directory (/tmp) on the
client side. It is not a good thing, but I am not sure if it qualifies as a
blocker. What do you think? If we consider it a blocker, then OOZIE-3378
could be also included in the next RC.

- Attila

Attila Sasvari
Software Engineer