I'd see it as an enhancement: if we have that we can still support the
config in PU but we can also detect if we can't support it. So if you have
1 PU and that the PU is triggering the enhancement -> it works and we can
support addDefaultCt ; if we have 2 PU and one of the two only has the
option -> we can fail properly ;  if enhancement was done before -> then
the responsonbility was before and we can just check it looks like what we
expect.

In other works we can guarantee a good level of compatibility and ensure we
fail where we were random before

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau