I'm totally confused with this question,

1) since you have entry in your english.xml file (and have this language
file imported via language admin) there is no need to create any attributes.

2) Why do you need attribute?

3) your attribute declaration is confusing: by setting  *type="number"* you
telling openlaszlo the value will be number, but in the same line you
declaring: value="I want to put it here".

Please take a look at the code, there is special label which takes string
id, you just need to use it.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax