1) there is no SW limit, I believe the only restriction is bandwidth of the
server

2) Clustering configuration is described here
http://openmeetings.apache.org/Clustering.html
Load balancing is made by OM server
New room is being assigned to the server with no rooms
In case all servers has rooms, new room is assigned to the server with less
capacity of rooms

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax