Not exactly. You would create a new NER model to replace yours.

In this approach you would need a corpus like this:

<START:personMale> Pierre Vinken <END> , 61 years old , will join the board
as a nonexecutive director Nov. 29 .
Mr . <START:personMale> Vinken <END> is chairman of Elsevier N.V. , the
Dutch publishing group . <START:personFemale> Jessie Robson <END> is
retiring , she was a board member for 5 years .

I am not an English native speaker, so I am not sure if the example is
clear enough. I tried to use Jessie as a neutral name and "she" as
disambiguation.

With a corpus big enough maybe you could create a model that outputs both
classes, personMale and personFemale. To train a model you can follow
https://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.6.0/manual/opennlp.html#tools.namefind.training

Let's say your results are not good enough. You could increment your model
using Custom Feature Generators (
https://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.6.0/manual/opennlp.html#tools.namefind.training.featuregen
and
https://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.6.0/apidocs/opennlp-tools/opennlp/tools/util/featuregen/package-summary.html
).

One of the implemented featuregen can take a dictionary (
https://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.6.0/apidocs/opennlp-tools/opennlp/tools/util/featuregen/DictionaryFeatureGenerator.html
).
You can also implement other convenient FeatureGenerator, for instance
regex.

Again, it is just a wild guess of how to implement it. I don't know if it
would perform well. I was only thinking how to implement a gender ML model
that uses the surrounding context.

Hope I could clarify.

William