While programming the l10n translation, I have stumbled across something
which I do not know is a real or  theoretical problem. I need an opinion
from people with more experience.

Description of the current situation:
When you run configure with e.g. "--with-lang=da", all languages Are
inserted in the source files alongside with the original en-US text. This
works without problems

BUT, if the developer forget to do a checkout (thereby removing the extra
languages) but does a commit, then SVN will have all languages in the file.
After the commit a snapshot (or development) build will contain all
languauges for that file. Note: If a translation changes, it will be
replaced in the file with the next build, so it will work. However:
- developer/snapshot contains an "unwanted" language part
- it is not clean that all language are in this file, as well as in the sdf
file (original), and can lead to confusion, where what is maintained.

What I easily could do, was NOT to overwrite the file, but place a new file
(same content but with all languages added) in the <platform>/misc
directory, therefore the original would be left untouched. This requires of
course some makefile changes (the new l10n process requires anyhow
changes), which I will do (in a sub-branch) when the system is ready.

Question:

Is it a problem that the original is  overwritten, and it would be better
to write a new file (in misc) ?

or

Am I thinking about a theoretical problem, that is no real world problem ?

Just to be sure, the effort of doing one or the other are the same, so that
is not an argument (at least for me), we should do what is correct.

Jan I.