Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Keith N. McKenna <
keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:

Keith N. McKenna wrote:

Based on extended discussions on this list at:
http://markmail.org/search/+**list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-**
dev#query:%20list%3Aorg.**apache.incubator.ooo-dev+page:**
1+mid:pkyogj4m45anxuxg+state:**results<http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-dev#query:%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.ooo-dev+page:1+mid:pkyogj4m45anxuxg+state:results>
.
I propose to start merging and updating the User FAQ's from the website
into the current structure on the mediawiki (mwiki) and updating the
FAQ's already there by eliminating outdated references to version 1 and
version 2 and any duplications.

If there are no objections in 72 hours I will start merging the entries
from the website into the mwiki.

Regards
Keith N. Mckenna

  Good day all;

Just a quick update to where this mini-project is. I have jut about
finished all the modifications to the faqtoc on the mwiki. This is being
done through a copy of the template file so as to avoid multiple saves to
the template bringing the mwiki to its knees. Once the copy is finalized
the changes will be made to the actual template file and saved once. Though
tj has told me there should be no major performance hit by doing this I
will schedule it probably over a weekend when usage is lower to (hopefully)
minimize the hurt when Murphy inevitably bites.

Awesome news, I will be having some spare time this month and the next. I
am still need to finalize the mediawiki theme, but I sure can help if you
need any.

Alexandro;

It is good to hear that you will be willing to help. Many of the FAQ's on the web site are geared towards developers on things like the XML format and using the API. Though I can weed out the more obvious ones, I will need help on the others as well re-wording to reflect the realities of today's environment. Programming and software development are not my forte.

Keith

I came across the following page
http://wiki.openoffice.org/**wiki/FAQ<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/FAQ>that
appears to be a sandbox that was started for developer FAQ's and then
abandoned. There has been no development activity on it since 2009. Since
many of the faq's on the web site are aimed towards developers, I would
like to use this page as an index page for a number of different categories
of developer faq's. I someone with a better knowledge and background in
development could take a look at the page and if there is anything worth
keeping let me know.

Like there was said before, a lot of dev-oriented projects were abandoned
when Sun/Oracle did. Many of these projects werent as widely known but is
good to have some kind of archieve of projects that people can take over.

One project that comes to mind is the www-at-odf, which started really
awesome but then the dev left. Any person with OOBasic, PHP and some apache
knowledge could takee it and port it, or improve it.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ODF@WWW

Regards
Keith