On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Michael Acevedo <vea1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings to all in the mailing list and those in this AOO Logo Proposal
> subject,
>
> In this email, I would like to mention that I have added two new logo
> proposals to the Apache OpenOffice Logo exploration wiki article. Now let
> me explain what this new logo it's all about.
>
> The new logo design does away with the orb and changes it for a gull ring
> that rests under a blue background which itself rests on circles which are
> inspired on the Adobe Flex logo multicolor scheme. The new gull ring while
> being new, retains the familiar circular shape of the current OpenOffice
> logo, but at the same time is a new take that pays respect to the orb. All
> of these elements are wrapped in a modern black gradient icon than makes
> the logo stand out. Furthermore, the new logo actually changes the look of
> the word OpenOffice into a more modern non-capitalized "openoffice" word
> design (also an inspiration from the Adobe Flex project logo). The latter
> serves the function of highlighting Apache as the owner of the project
> (whose name is in capital letters), yet the non-capitalized "openoffice"
> names takes presence by being written in a larger size font. Overall, the
> new logo design is simple, clean, and modern.
>
> Now that I have given a sense of the new logo, I would like to show you a
> reveal video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-tOuhTm9Y
>
> But there is one last detail, which actually is a testament to the power of
> OpenOffice. The detail is that the logo that you see at the end of the
> video was 99% made in Apache OpenOffice Draw.
>
> Hope you liked the logo and the reveal video.
>
> Happy Holidays!
>
> You can see the formal proposal in the Cwiki at Apache:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations

Michael and all --

I seriously LOVE this! In fact when I saw the video I immediately thought
about the 5 Olympic rings which in my mind is a "Good Thing" (TM).

On the initial page, I really did like the last drawing with the
interesting intersecting squares but thought it looked a bit washed out and
probably wouldn't reproduce well -- like on T-shirts for example. I don't
know how this new rendition would work but I find it REALLY stunning --
it's eye catching and fun!

The video was really fun as well. :)

THANK YOU! I hope others love this too!

Great job!

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Michael Acevedo <vea1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Greetings Kevin, I would not mind posting the logos to that AOO UX wiki.
> > Thing is I don't know where it is or whether it is on the cwiki or mwiki
> > (if it is on the latter, I need to request an account).
> >
> > Let me know.
> >

> > On Saturday, December 22, 2012, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> >
> >> Michael,
> >>
> >> Great work. Design is very iterative. Keep pushing!
> >>
> >> Using the design explorations is a great way to stimulate a conversation
> >> which can help us better understand the requirements. Perhaps we could
> >> harvest the criteria for success in the thread and capture in the wiki
> >>
> >> Then we can make the design review process less subjective by having
> >> people review design explorations relative to stated goals.
> >>
> >> Also, the mailing list is tough place to review designs, can you post
> the
> >> design explorations to the AOO UX wiki?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Kevin

> >> open
> >> world.

> from
> >> the

> >> products
> group
> extented

> >> openess

> >> we

> please

> of

> >> shortly...

> >> <
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/
> >

> > --
> > Best,
> > Michael
> >

> --
> Best,
> Michael

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop