On 2/7/13 9:44 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Andrea Pescetti schrieb:
>> On 01/02/2013 David Gerard wrote:
>>> Is .docx writing scheduled for AOO any given time, 4.0 or later?
>>
>> I expect that sooner or later we will implement it. But, in order to
>> avoid unnecessary duplication of work, we will want to take a look at
>> what comes out of the OSB Alliance effort
>> http://s.apache.org/openoffice-aceu2012-day-3
>> before tackling it. In short, I see it reasonable to expect this for
>> some 4.x version, but not for 4.0.
>>

> LibreOffice has already integrated parts of it. Shouldn't we ask
> Matthias Stürmer to sent us the source code?

the work was done on the LibreOffice code base which is no surprise
because Suse and Lanedo were contracted to do the work. It is also no
surprise that there is no patch available today. The information I have
is that the patches will be provided at the end of the project. And if
we can then use the patches is open and depends on the code itself and
the dependencies to other work not directly part of the OSBA project. We
tried to emphasize this problem with Mathias Stuermer during the
ApacheCon EU last year.

We should simply wait until we have seen and reviewed the first patches.

But to make it clear for everybody we are willing to collaborate on this
topic with other projects and especially LO to provide the best and most
complete solution for the users of OO and the eco system around free
open source based office productivity suites.

When I read in the morning that a user was introduced to uninstall
OpenOffice and install LibreOffice 4.0 and after that he had problems
with an OpenOffice doc file (whatever doc means in detail) where
formatting was lost or where things looked different. These are the
issues which are more serious and they damage the whole eco-system and
another company will be quite happy to read such things :-(

Juergen