On Feb 18, 2013 1:16 AM, "Pedro Giffuni" <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello;
>

> Well, as you might imagine I am really tired of the flame storm that
> went around the 0 ^ 0 issue. My intention here is not at all to re-start
> that discussion. I really have much more fun things to do.
> I am actualy a fan of Clint Eastwood so let me remember one of
> my favorite movies ever.
>
> THE GOOD
>
> It didn't really take me long but I found a technical solution for the
> dilemma.
>
> - The numerical issues were caused by a copy-paste error where the
> C++ wrapper used int for the exponent instead of a double. Once
> found it was trivial to fix.
>
> - Considering the "vetos" I still think they are invalid but I think they
> both reflect a community concern so I have addressed it.
>
> The new patch [1] now defines in SAL's math.h the following:
>
> #define SAL_STRICTER_MATH

+1 thanks for doing this. It shows flexibility and respect for the
community.

Now I hope, that some of those who have a profund knowledge of "backward
compatility" also see a need to move a little bit.

It would be very respectfull to have a tool to which the information was
shared.

I hope someone with knowledge makes a mwiki page with docs. procedures to
test compatibility, that way we can discuss facts and not just words.

rgds
jan i