On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 09:22:34AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> >> The first step should be a simple check if an Addons.xcu is contained at
> >> all. Something like "unzip -l <extension> | grep Addons.xcu" should be
> >> enough. The second step if an Addons.xcu is contained is to check for
> >> the "<node oor:name="OfficeToolBar">" entry. Only if this entry exists
> >> the Addons.xcu the extension has to be updated.

This might be error prone, because the file can have any name, all it
matters is the media type in the META-INF manifest and the OO registry
package and name in the file itself.

While it's highly rare to find a lala.lala, I've found an "addons.xcu"
(in lowercase). No wonder there is no OfficeToolBar in this particular
extension, but the extension does not work in AOO 4.0 due to API changes
(what shows that the whole discussion centered on the schema change is
full of ungrounded assumptions, and lack of knowledge on the subject).

> > 242 extensions contain  addons.xcu stensioni (total: 1065 releases), 430
> > estensions don't (total: 1660 releases). Do you want us to check how many
> > contain OfficeToolBar?
>
> If you could run a short script to check it, it would be very useful for
> us to make a final decision.
>
> Maybe you can also provide some numbers about their downloads. Only th
> extensions that contain an Addons.xcu with OfficeToolBar

It would also be interesting to know the last time the extension was
updated; besides that expecting unmaintained extensions to work on a new
major release might not be plausible, the extension is likely not be
adapted to any change if it is unmaintained, no matter how popular it is
(example: the most popular, Oracle PDF Import Extension, Downloads:
Week: 12,706, unmaintained since Dec. 2010, seems to be broken
- according to the first three comments).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina