On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> My take away from the thread was that the preference is not to do
> anything, and in effect continue to ignore the votes.  Whether they
> are reset or ignored is immaterial to me.  I'll just work on better
> and more accurate ways of getting user feedback, that are not
> dependent on Bugzilla votes.

Well, you can do both, sort of...showcase the item with the most
votes, perhaps in a blog post, or a regular ML/forum feature,
effectively asking: "Is anyone still concerned about this issue?  Is
anyone prepared to take ownership of this issue?"

If the answer appears to be no to both, wipe out its votes and see if
it creeps up again.    Then proceed to the new most-voted item.
Lather, rinse, repeat.