On 7 April 2013 20:58, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> I wonder if the nightly builds support customized builds, if for example if
> a user wants a build that has some special configuration like, anti-alias
> by default or a customized default templates or menu layout.
>
> Can the nightly build infrastructure be used to generate that?

No, our buildbot's run with a preconfigured setup, including number of
tasks and configure for each task (job).

> If not, why not, what would be needed to do that.

We would need to change away from build bot, it cannot support dynamic. All
changes in the setup has to be done via the infrastructure svn, where only
a few have access.

But I dont really get, if a user wants a customized build, would it not be
simpler for him to build it himself ? the nightly build are in my opinion
to secure that our product builds and that the branches compile on
different platforms. The purpose of the nightly build is not to save the
user from installing a compiler.

rgds
jan I.