On May 15, 2013 1:29 AM, "Yuzhen Fan" <fanyuz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kay,
>
> It's confirmed that we don't have Base test cases in place so far, Draw is
> the same case.
>
> I agree with Rob that we define structured tests from now to have
> consistent coverage. We (Liu Ping and I) can initial a test matrix to
> organize test cases, and then call volunteers to populate the test matrix
> by writing test cases in TestLink. It is welcome if you can help on
writing
> test cases. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Yu Zhen

Hi Yu Zhen and thanks for this reply. I would love to help write "test
cases" for Base at some point, but I don't have any training in QA, so I
would definitely need some instruction from somewhere on how to go about
this.

I think the biggest hurdle with base testing is the availability of "live"
DBs for connectivity testing. Some of us would readily be able to set
something up, whereas others not. This would need to be some set of servers
I would think that would house an ongoing set of tables for connectivity
testing for any release. So, how can we make this happen? We probably need
an additional thread for that discussion.

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

Regression

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Full+Regression+Test+Guidance

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Defect+Verification+Guidance

> > Base
> > any?
> > > >

> > > Test cases in Testlink are derived from the test cases used for
> > > Symphony.  But Symphony did not include Base.
> > >
> > > So if we want structured testing of Base we'll need someone (or
> > > several people) to write some test cases.  Or we could do informal,
> > > use-based testing like we did with 3.4./3.4.1.  But best to get some
> > > tests defined so we can have consistent coverage.  That will require
> > > that someone with expertise as a Base user step up to lead this.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > -Rob
> > >

> > OK...this is what I figured after a while. The big problem with testing
for
> > Base is the availability of a "test" DB(s) to test connectivity in some
way
> > -- our indigenous MySQL connector, jdbc etc. Any ideas about that?

Regression
Verification
> > > are

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Full+Regression+Test+Guidance