On 27 July 2013 03:19, Clarence M Weaver <cmweav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My name is Clarence Weaver. I am from Pennsylvania, USA.
>
> I have been a software developer for 33 years mostly in the real-time
> embedded world using C/C++ and Java.

Welcome to a fellow embedded developer, hope you will find lots of fun in
here.

> My interest right now are in security, privacy, and mobile applications .
> Any suggestions about an area of OpenOffice to work on are welcome!!

There are plenty of projects or areas that could do with a hand, but first
you need to get yourself a bit aquainted with the code and build AOO. You
can find buiding instructions here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

If you dont have a wiki account (wiki.openoffice.org) I recommend you get
one, its not needed just for reading, but you will (hopefully) soon want
make corrections.

Looking forward to work together.
rgds
jan I.