Hi

On 10.07.2013 12:03, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi all,

the first start wizard has an option to migrate user settings from an
installed version 3. For me it is a highly customized OOo3.4.1.

These are my observations:

Transfer of BASIC libraries works.

Transfer of path settings does not work. I consider this a bug, because
this "looses" templates, autotexts .., which are not at the default
place. I suggest a release note to explain, that they are not really
lost, but the paths have to be added.

Transfer of palettes work. But that is a problem, because the new color
palette is not available. People might have customized palettes, with
colors for corporate identity for example. So transferring the palettes
is not wrong in general. Perhaps a merging of the palettes is possible
in future? Because of the short time till release I suggest to explain
the situation in a release note. The new default palettes are available
in a folder "User - Kopie" (for a German Windows 7).

Transfer of user dictionaries work.

Transfer of user gallery themes work.

Transfer of user autotexts works.

Transfer of own toolbars works, including rename of commands. Only the
position is different.

Transfer of customized toolbars works partially. Additional commands are
available, but own names of these commands are not transfered. The
show/hide status of the default commands is not transfered. Deleted
default commands appear again. So the user needs to customize the
toolbar again.

Thanks for this evaluation.
I would like to improve the migration of OpenOffice 3.x user profiles for the next release.

Regina, it would be great, if you could create corresponding issues for the stuff that is not working or which could be improved. You can assign these issue to me. May a meta issue for tracking these new issues would also make sense. And if you could also make your AOO 3.4.1 user profile available - may be only to me - for debugging and testing purposes then this would be also very appreciated.

Best regards, Oliver.

Kind regards
Regina