I think the image structure on the website is a bit messy, there has been
some cleanup done by kschenk but I think there is still a lot of clean up
work to be done.

For example, the new logo, was simply draged and drop to the AOOLogos
folder with a huge name. I understand the name was needed to identify it
between the rest of the competitive logos. But now that is selected, the
current name is unecessary long.

Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_optim_300w.png<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_optim_300w.png?view=log>

At the same time we have old logos which had been untouch. I think the
webdevs have small understanding of a svn is builted so that the files are
updated without having different versions laying arround. Over this
example, ooo-logo.png and
AOO4_website_logo.png<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/AOO4_website_logo.png?view=log>exist.

All these proliferation of logos, usually will built up to become
incredibly messy to work. I suggest to put the information such as author,
version, status, etc. on the comments of the commit and not on the
filename.  Likewise to take the time to look for the source of the image,
since there is an SVG/ folder to link the source of them, and finally if
there are different images (sizes) to have a common convention.

If you want to review the images please go here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor