On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:33:16 +0200, RA Stehmann
<anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de> wrote:

Hello Michael,

> I watched my wife packaging two little programs for the Debian
> repository (she's  not finished yet, but on a good way.)
>
> My resume is:
>
> It's one thing putting AOO into some deb packages. But it's another
> thing packing AOO in a proper way, so it's fit fpr the Debian
> repository.
>
> The second thing is a very hard job and IMO impossible without the
> friendly support of experienced Debian Developers.

I absolutely agree with you, mainly with some complex things as the
AOO's deb packages. I was trying to understand how it was done with
LibreOffice deb packages[1] but I was worried whether I could take
advantage of what was already done because of the license. IMHO it
isn't a working for a only person, mainly thinking about the packaging
quality to be accept as an official Debian package in the future. I
believe would be good to maintain it by a team.

*PS: BTW does anybody know how the AOO's Debian packages are built?
By chance are they converted from RPM to DEB via alien? Who is the
responsible for the deb packages building process?

*PS2: I'm sorry for my not so good English.

Marcelo G. Santana (aka msantana) | GNU/Linux User number: #208778
      http://blog.msantana.eng.br | http://identi.ca/mgsantana
      http://www.debianbrasil.org | http://br.gnome.org
 GnuPG fprint: 88FB 5D63 ED02 3B5D 90D6  3A3E 8698 1CC9 89C5 5467