On 05.09.2013 18:37, Steele, Raymond wrote:
Thanks for the information.  I will give this a try if my current strategy does
not work.
> Apparently, SolarisStudios 12.3 compiler is not compatible with c++11.

We don't build in C++11 mode for (most of) our target platforms yet.

I  just finished building GCC 4.8.1 so that  I can attempt to build with that.

I'm a bit worried about our UNO bridges when I hear this. This code in main/bridges/source/cpp_uno is very sensitive to platform/compiler changes. GCC 4.8 is quite new and I'm also afraid that the gcc-solaris bridges are not as well exercised as their suncc counterparts.

By the way, are you targeting sparc or x86 CPUs?

Now, I am  having the issue described here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenSolaris_Build_Instructions/Configure_Errors#Error:_GCC_Linker
 because I have CC and CXX pointing to my new gcc and g++.  How can I  point
these variables to SolarisStudio compilers for linking, but use gcc for
compiling?

If I understand the error message in the referenced Wiki section correctly you'd want to link with GNU ld on Solaris if you built with gcc and link with Sun ld if you built with Sun CC, so all should be fine with CC and CXX being set.

Herbert