On 15/09/2013 janI wrote:
On 15 September 2013 00:49, janI wrote:
Please correct me, but fedora 19 is not part of our product release ? my
aim is to support what AOO supports.

It is a standard Linux system, and OpenOffice should build and run on all recent Linux systems. For sure it would be a bug (unrelated to this discussion) if our official RPM packages did not run on it.

But I don't believe we have "supported" and "unsupported" Linux systems, as in general any recent system with standard system tools will work. However, I perfectly understand that you must start with something, and starting with what the buildbots use is indeed the most reasonable choice. Then, if adaptations are needed, we can find the patterns and apply them.

my configure options are taken from our buildbot:

It breaks the same way on my system. I explicitly tried with both --with-stlport and --without-stlport since the default here depends on whether you build on a 32 bit or 64 bit system.

I need to support vc 6.0 since our
buildbot uses that (even though its very outdated). Funny things here is
that VC 6.0 adn 2012 are imcompatible.

This is something we can discuss. Supporting an obsolete compiler by being incompatible with a newer one is understandable only if there are advantages. I believe that other developers encountered this problem already; they will be able to give better advice.

function "access" is normally defined in sys/stat.h on linux. You need to
see in which include file access is defined on your system, and either add
an #ifdef for your system, or extend the include files.

Thanks for investigating. As for the patch, I already included earlier in this thread.

Then the build breaks in another file due to a conversion that my gcc does not support/admit, but this should be quite unrelated...

Regards,
  Andrea.