Hello,  comments inline:

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Cem Kaner <ka...@kaner.com> wrote:

> I just noticed a request for professors to let you know when their students
> are joining the OOo projects.
>

> I teach courses in software testing at Florida Tech (Florida Tech students)
> and through Kaner/Fiedler Associates (you'll see students from companies
> coming through us, such as, currently, Progressive Insurance). One of each
> of these classes is actively working with OOo right now.

​That's great news.​ We could write an article on our blog as a case study
in the future.

These are the BBST courses, which the Association for Software Testing and

​Are you talking about bugzilla @ https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ ?​

> They also write evaluations of the communication quality of the bug
> reports,
> which our class sees but your bug reporters don't see (some of the
> evaluations are unflattering; there is no value in insulting volunteers by
> publicly critiquing their reports).

​We have a Quality Assurance mailing list, this will insure the bugs  get
at least the right amount of attention.​

​However is important these bugs are correctly documented, please check out
these instructions on how to write a bug:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue​

If you're curious, I can send you a copy of the assignment. I generally
> teach two university courses and 2-3 corporate courses per year. ASU
> teaches, I think, two courses.

​It would be more helpful to have the bug report # so we can review them on
the list.

> If you wanted to encourage this, the best support you could give us would
> be
> to confirm or reject bugs quickly after we studied them, or to post
> comments
> on the bug that followed up on our notes (e.g. asked additional questions).

​Unfortunately we don't have the resources to confirm all the bugs that get
generated by users or testers. You are welcome however to become a tester
or a developer and submit the patches required. You can bring questions
regarding the coding convention and the possible development solutions with
the other developers and test the new patch on our nightly builds.

> If you are happy to give this kind of fast feedback, I could send you a
> list
> of the volunteers on your project who are willing to be identified to you
> as
> our students (privacy laws require me to get their permission).

​It would be more of use, if the students themselves come forward either on
this list, or the QA one to talk about the current reports.​

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor