On 2013-10-03 3:37 PM Raphael Bircher wrote:
Hi Larry

On 2013-10-03 11:14 AM Kay Schenk wrote:
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch> wrote:

Hi at all

I created a Video about how to go to the Apache OpenOffice Profile on mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=41vH7MVC6b0<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41vH7MVC6b0>

Greetings Raphael
OK...do you have a recommendation for where we could reference this?

wiki, web server?

This video gives unnecessary instructions. There is no need to use Terminal to access the user library. It is readily accessible in Finder. In fact, Terminal should only be used by someone who understands it and how to use the command line.

Instructions an resetting the profile are available on the forum. http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

For Mac users:

   /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice/4/user or
/Users/<user
   name>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org/3/user
   NB: on OS X version 10.7.xx (Lion), or newer, the user/library can be
accessed in finder by
   holding down the option key an clicking on Go on the menubar. Then select
the user library.
   This is one of nineteen ways to see the user library. See 18 ways to view
the ~/Library
   folder in Lion

The command line is only danger if you know the danger commands ;-)

True. But if you don't know the danger commands, you don't know if the command you are being told to implement is safe. ;-)

But you are right, the way over the "Go" Menu is the smarter one.

Greetings Raphael

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese