Hi,

OpenOffice is not signed and this is the expected warning of the system.
If you have downloaded the application from our trusted download server
you can trust OpenOffice and can open it anyway.

Just navigate to OpenOffice.app in the finder and open the context menu
and then click open. You have to do that only once.

I run AOO 4.0.1 on 10.9 since the release without any problem

Juergen