On 4 January 2014 13:20, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 27/10/2013 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> Ricardo Berlasso wrote:
>>
>>> My best attempt is on this Draw file ...
>>>>
>>> there is agreement on the forum header design and on changing the
>>> download icon. Which are the steps needed to implement this change on all
>>> NL forums?
>>>
>> Changing the download icon is easy since we already have the updated
>> graphics.
>> Changing header, if what we have so far is your Draw file, needs some
>> adaptation work to the forum CSS. I've already done it for another
>> candidate header and, unless somebody else is going to do it, I can try
>> producing a CSS implementation for this one too, even though this one is
>> harder since backgrounds need to be adapted.
>>

> I had prepared the full header to be ready for when the new maintenance
> proposal was implemented. But we decided to wait a bit longer on that, so
> in the meantime you can find the graphical images here:
> http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/2014-01-forum/
>
> The new header/logo should be seen with the full CSS around it. But the
> banner is already the right size and I will take care of the CSS changes
> when the new team starts working.
>
> The word "Forum" is used as a reference to the subdomain name; but if
> someone prefers to see localized versions, just ask. I think they can be
> implemented easily now (we have 10 separate installations); I don't know
> what will happen if we consolidate all installations into one.

Actually thats only partly true, we have 10 installations that are LINKED
(ln -s) to a common installation, only the config file is different.

In the config file only the DB prefix is different.

This is how tery left it, sadly enough there has been a number of changes
after that, so 2 of the forums (last I checked) had a couple of other
specialities.

I will clearly move in the direction of having 1 forum installation, with
language specific versions (DB, and texts). I would highly recommend to
keep pictures, css and html identical.

rgds
jan I.