Hi,

On 16.01.2014 18:28, jonasalfreds...@gmail.com wrote:
I got hold of a copy of Visual Studio Express 2008. With the configure
call
above 'oowintool' was called.
The Win SDK did not add the mentioned key to the registry, nor did Visual
Studio Express 2008 installer.

This wonders me as I have setup a system without any Visual Studio
installed. The compiler comes with the Windows SDK. This system does not
have the memntioned key in the registry and the configure works.

I will have a closer look into the configure.

A closer look to the configure, the oowintool and also my Windows 7 registry reveals the following: The searched registry key does not exist, but registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\VC exists which is somehow found by the oowintool - see <sub reg_get_value($)> in oowintool. I observed this situation on three Windows 7 machine (virtual ones and non-virtual ones) on which I have setup an AOO build environment.

Did you found the same registry key on your system?
Currently, I do not know what went wrong on your system.

Best regards, Oliver.

Best regards, Oliver.

/Jonas