On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Shari Bradstream
<counselingwithhor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I came across the Apache Open Office software and find it intriguing.
> I like what I read so decided to invest a little time each week to work on
> project materials in the areas that help is needed.
> I am not a computer programmer or coder, however; I am very creative and
> able to navigate my way through directions and can "think outside the box."
> I am a licensed professional counselor and a certified addictions therapist
> in South Dakota at a  non-profit company I started. I am working with high
> risk offenders, vulnerable populations in a culturally diverse office
> setting, and best of all using Equine Assisted Learning in all my
> individual and group settings.
>
> I look forward to being a part of a creative team invested in providing a
> service to others - especially in the computer technology arena.

Hello Shari,

Thank for writing and volunteering to help.   You can read more about
different areas of the project here:

http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html

As you will see, it takes a lot more than just programmers to make
Apache OpenOffice successful.  Volunteers are welcome in any of these
areas.

We're currently in the testing phase for our 4.1 release.  If that
interests you at all, we certainly need help there.  You can write to
our QA mailing list at q...@openoffice.apache.org to get started there.

We also have new volunteer "orientation modules" on the website that
give more background on the project and how it works.  It also
describes to get involved in areas like documentation, marketing,
etc.:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html

Let me know if you any questions getting started.

Regards,

-Rob, Apache OpenOffice Project Management Committee