Hi Andre;

On 22.01.2014 23:13, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> +1 Ninja
>
> We have seen it speed up things in some of FreeBSD's ports plus it is
> under an Apache License (which is probably not as relevant ... but is
> good).

Do you know if anyone has written down their experience with porting to
ninja?

Unfortunately no :(.

The FreeBSD ports structure just encapsulates several build systems within BSD
make so all we see is that some ports add a line like this:

USES= ninja

And it basically builds faster.

BTW, newer versions of serf are using scons now, which will probably make it a
mess to build within AOO.

Pedro.

ps. I took the time to update some few tarballs in the apache-extras repository before the Jan. 15 upload expiration. OpenSSL and Python plus some fonts basically.