Hello!

I am the person working on the en_GB (English British) dictionary.

Rob contacted me the other day to ask if I also maintained the en_US dictionary (English American).

Unfortunately, that dictionary is obfuscated and the solution would be to use the one from Mozilla, just like I did for en_GB, and it would be a huge task since I have already found over 1000 unique words missing/typos/etc. (for en_GB).

And I am not sure if the en_US has an explanation .AFF file describing all codes.
Official site of en_GB:
http://en-gb.pyxidium.co.uk
Just look there for the .AFF description.

What I would suggest is that someone grabs the en_US from Mozilla and pastes the contents of my .RTF in Thunderbird or OpenOffice to see what words aren't there (they will appear as typos).

I have developed a tool for the task (Proofing Tool GUI):
http://marcoagpinto.cidadevirtual.pt/proofingtoolgui.html

My current list of added/removed/fixed words (in Rich Text Format) (Remember it is for en_GB):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/en_UK_speller_for_Mozilla%2BAOO%2BLO_2013%2B.rtf

Please bear in mind that some words are slightly different in the US such as words that have one L instead of two.

If someone takes on the project I will merge the dictionary into the big OXT after talking with Andrea for the details.

Thanks!

Kind regards,