I have been using OpenOffice for a few years, originally the Sun Microsystems official version.

Since installing 4.0.1 I have been unable to get any work done as OpenOffice crashes almost immediately no matter what file I open. Proceeds to file recovery than crashes again. I have read everything I can understand in the user help section and can not fix the issue. I uninstalled 4.0.1 and installed the previous version 3.4.? but now it crashes also.

I must abandon use of this product as it prevents me from accomplishing useful work. This is a very large and complex product and would be wonderful if it worked. For future users perhaps you should concentrate on the fundamentals, stability and ease of updating.

Richard Tomlinson