Hello John,

of course we are grateful for the tip. It seems, however, that Dave did not make that clear enough. He appears to be more annoyed by people who mention trouble with download than with those fraudulent people who provide downloads infected with malware. Please be so kind as to tell us from where you downloaded the infected version of OpenOffice - Dave conveniently forgot to ask for that. We apologise for the misunderstanding and hope that by now you found yourself an uninfected download for OpenOffice.

Yours sincerely

Max

Am 23.02.2014 05:47, schrieb John Barrett Rose:
"You say..." What do you mean by this snotty attitude?

I realise it was not an Apache site.

I thought it might help you to know that there is a bloody swine operating
on Google under your name.

I imagined you might be grateful for the tip.

No? So go and get stuffed.

On 22 February 2014 17:46, Dave Barton <d...@tasit.net> wrote:

-------- Original Message  --------
From: John Barrett Rose <wolfh...@aon.at>
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:01:27 +0100

Dear Sirs,

On my recommendation, a friend in Salzburg tried to install
Openoffice.org on his iMac on Thursday 20 Feb and found it was infected
with Genieo malware including fake Adobe and fake Java installations.

Manage to clean out the mess, but it left me looking stupid as I have
had OO.org on my computer for several years without problems.

Be warned.

John Barrett Rose
If whatever it was you installed contained the malware you say, then it
was not Apache OpenOffice and you were hoodwinked into downloading from
a malicious website. Regrettably, this is something that Apache
OpenOffice is unable to prevent.

The only official download website is:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
The download link there will take you to the official SourceForge.net
servers.

Dave