On 05.03.2014 09:30, Andre Fischer wrote:
I am currently working on some bug in the sc module and find that it is
really hard to even find compiler errors among the many warning
messages.  Some of these warnings are caused directly by code in sc but
the majority of the warnings originate in header files.  Platform is
Windows.  The most annoying warnings are

    warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are
not enabled. Specify /EHsc

and even more (because of the warning text that is repeated again and
again)

warning C4555: expression has no effect; expected expression with
side-effect

The problem is in MSVC2008's list header. They probably fixed that in their newer versions. Another reason to update our build environment on that platform to something newer.

The warning "expression has no effect" itself is interesting enough, just not in in list header. Fortunately terms like "list(1137)" can be filtered out easily.

Any ideas how to silence these two?

We could disable such warnings altogether by adding e.g. the -wd4555 option to CFLAGSWARNCXX in main/solenv/inc/wntmsci11.mk and main/solenv/gbuild/platform/windows.mk

  re C4530: One option would be to compile all sc code with exceptions
enabled.

That sounds reasonable.

 Does anyone know of a reason not to do that?

Not that I'm aware of.

Herbert