Hi,

On 05.03.2014 14:59, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
propose a new entry for Bugzilla field 'Target Milestone'.
Something like 'AOO.next'. It shall be used for the solved issues which
won't be part of the AOO 4.1.0 release

Good idea. I would actually use it also for issues that are not solved
yet but that we agree to target for that milestone (so, a significant
bug emerging after the 4.1 release can have that target set to mean
"give priority to this bug and aim at fixing it in the next version").

My view on using field 'Target Milestone' is different.
I am using it only for issues where it is 100% clear that they are or will be solved for the given 'Target Milestone'. If we have a critical issue which needs to be solved in the next release, I think it is needed to find somebody who works on it and is committed to solve it for the next release. In this case the field 'Target Milestone' could be used. Just, expressing the 'aim to fix it in the next release' without having a corresponding commitment does not make sense in my point of view.

Best regards, Oliver.

Regards,
   Andrea.