On 06.04.2014 18:03, Kay Schenk wrote:

On 04/06/2014 07:10 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com> wrote:
Rob Weir wrote:

I noticed this blog post from another Apache project, CouchDB:
https://blogs.apache.org/couchdb/entry/couchdb_weekly_news_april_3

Isn't that a cool idea?

Sounds like a good idea, to summarize key discussions, and news, for the
rest of us who can't track all the forum posts.
Weekly? Monthly?

I don't know.  Maybe something in the middle, like every two weeks?
It depends on the pace of interesting things on the lists, forums,
news, etc.

One easy way to do this would be to have a wiki page called "AOO
Weekly News" (or something like that).  Anyone in the community can
add something there.  Then each week (or month or whatever) at an
agreed-upon time, we cut and past the wiki content into a blog post
and press "post".  The one thing to test is whether text formatting
and hyperlinks are preserved when copying and pasting from wiki to
blog.  But if that does work, this could be an easy solution.

-Rob

I like this idea.

Yes, good idea.

-Andre