On 4/29/14 9:20 AM, Tal Daniel wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> I propose that, once a language reaches our release quality criteria
>> (currently: UI translation at 100% and maintained), we do not drop it
>> afterwards for the other minor releases.
>>
>> [...] I would remove unmaintained languages only when version 5.0 comes.
>>

> Seems reasonable, to me, Andrea, I'm not sure that removing a language on
> major release should be so strict. What about removing a language only when
> a MINIMUM% of it isn't translated (e.g., 10%)?

we had something like this before but defined a new rule to be 100% UI
complete and I think this is quite easy and a good rule.

The case Andrea described above should be more theoretical if an active
community is behind a translation. We released Arabic with 3.4 but there
was no active community and nothing happened later on.

I would still prefer the 100% rule. But anyway it's my personal opinion.

Juergen