On 05/29/2014 04:38 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/30/2014 12:55 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>>

>> On 05/29/2014 03:03 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> OK, here is another update:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html
>>
>> I like it! This seems very versatile for us. also see below ...
>
> thanks. :-)
>
> Please see also my separate mail with a design question.
>
>>> What was updated?
>>>
>>> - Disabled the old green box for now. Put the focus to the new.
>>>
>>> - Using the $NL_LANG variable in "index.html" will pre-set a language
>>>    instead of using the browser-guessed language.
>>>
>>> - Added hint text - directly below the headline - that the download
>>>    comes from Sourceforge.
>>>
>>> - Added data for 4.0.1 and 4.0.0, so all 4.x versions are working.
>>>
>>> - The 2 links with icons got a cursor with "help" sign.
>>>
>>> - When choosing not fitting selections, this is shown to the user with a
>>>    hint text what the alternative is.
>>>    Then 2 download buttons got a cursor with "not allowed" sign.
>>>    Examples:
>>>    - Mac OS X 64-bit and AOO 4.0.1 or AOO 4.0.0
>>>    - Mac OS X 32-bit and AOO 4.1.0
>>>    - Hebrew and AOO 4.0.1
>>>
>>> - When browsing with an unsupported OS (that means, other than Windows,
>>>    Linux and Mac) then the user gets a hint text that this is not
>>>    supported and what to do as alternative.
>>>    Then 2 download buttons got a cursor with "not allowed" sign.
>>>

>>> What is next?
>>>
>>> - Do we want to offer AOO 3.4.1 as last stable 3.x release?
>>>
>>> - Updating the "Full vs. Langpack" text in separate window.
>>>
>>> - Updating the "analyze.html" webpage to use it as "broken link
>>>    reporting tool".
>>>
>>> - Separate code and strings.
>>>    Then it will be easier to use the same download webpage on all
>>>    localized websites, get the same look&  feel everywhere but with the
>>>    freedom to translate the text.
>>>

>>> Testing:
>>>
>>> - Testing via Browsershots.org is somewhat challenging. Often the
>>>    requests are expiring before the screenshots are ready.
>>
>> I am having some slight formatting issues. Not all text that I think is
>> supposed to fit in the green box is actually IN the green box. Maybe due
>> to my font size preferences or resolution. I will send you a screenshot.
>
> Thanks for the screenshot.
>
> In the sub-green box between the left and right part of text + links,
> there has to be some space. If this is not available, the text is
> wrapped-up.
>
> Also the text in the both light-blue boxes on the bottom, the text is
> wrapped-up.
>
> Furthermore the footer text is wrapped-up into 3 lines instead of 2.
>
> I can see all problems also with Browsershots.org. There the browser
> windows are clearly too small.
>
> Do you use a smaller screen resolution?

My resolution is 1920x1080

> The browser window is not full screen?

correct...I almost never do full screen

> Do you have a bigger zoom factor active in the browser? Then use [Ctrl]
> + [0] (or similar) to normalize.

well, my eyes are not the best. So, I have a larger minimize font than a
lot of folks I guess. And, I don't want to change that.

I was hoping this could be helped by some CSS changes, but...maybe not :/

> HTH
>
> Marcus
>

>>>    And still no IE available. :-(
>>>
>>>    But it looks good so far on Windows, Linux and Mac with Firefox,
>>>    Chrome, Opera and Safari.
>>>
>>> Do you still have some more suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks :-)
>>>
>>> Marcus

MzK

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and
 the word  happy would lose its meaning if it were not
 balanced by sadness.  It is far better (to) take things as they come
 along  with patience and  equanimity."
                                        -- Carl Jung