Sara Montecino wrote:
> My name is Sara Montecino,  and I am looking to gain experience in
> technical writing. I am a 3rd year English major in the San Francisco
> Bay Area,  have a particular passion for gaming, and believe
> technical writing to be a good foundation to build my career. I have
> currently have no foundation in this particular writing field and am
> searching to build new skills and gain expertise.

Greetings Sarah and welcome to Apache OpenOffice. You have started out
in the right place by using our orientation pages. If you are interested
in volunteering with the documentation team you should definitely read
the documentation orientation page at
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html if you have not
already. I see that you are subscribed to the documentation mailing list
already. That is where most communication for the documentation team is
done.

I hope to see you on the doc list and I look forward to working with you.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna