Hello!

I find it really difficult to use the Help Section, because the
majority of the time - as I am sure many of us self taught people can
relate to - I do not know what a certain feature is "officially"
called.  Maybe in future versions one could POINT or mouse click on
an icon or whatever it is bugging you and find out what it is?

Use Help → What's This? (or press [Shift]+[F1]) and locate the mouse cursor about the icon for which you need a description.

Right now, I'm having problems getting back to my document after
using the find and replace feature (which I couldn't get to do what I
wanted, but that's another story.  Now I can't switch it off.  The
double arrow in the margin that is used to click down a page at the
time instead of scrolling, is highlighted in blue and thus does not
work.  How do I turn it off, back to normal?

Click onto the point between the arrows -> the mini navigator opens. Now click onto the page icon to switch back from "Repeat search".

Regards, Mathias