On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2016 06:05 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Jochen Nitschke <j.nitsc...@ok.de>
> wrote:

> >> commit
> needing
> >> info").

> >> but hey, its progress :-)
> >>
> >> could you follow the flow?
> >> commit
> >> wait 5 mins
> >> pull changes
> >> buildbot checkconfig  (on your local config files?)
> >> buildbot reconfig (wouldn't know how)
> >>

> > After mailing builds@ and infrastructure@, I ran into other IRC users on
> > #asftest, one of which (pono) helped, restarting the buildmaster. That
> got
> > it using the latest commits, which finally fixed "svn info" on aoo-win7
> :-).
> >
> > I then made further commits with the same "svn info" improvement and
> > bootstrap improvement for aoo-w7snap, and another on aoo-win7 to use "svn
> > export" instead of rsync to generate the build directory to test the
> theory
> > that the use of rsync is what breaks apr later (
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10481), but the commits
> weren't
> > going through again. Pono investigated, eventually finding the buildbot
> > configuration was up to date, but the buildbot wasn't using it; by
> > reloading the config (not sure how) (which caused the ooo-bot to
> > temporarily disconnect from IRC) it started using them again.
> >
> > My aoo-w7snap fixes went through and "svn info" is now working there too,
> > but my aoo-win7 changes were less successful: my new svn export command
> was
> > preceded by "rm -rf build" which fails in the infamous apr module:
> >
> > rm: cannot remove `build/ext_libraries/apr/
> > wntmsci12.pro/misc/build/apr-1.4.5/Makefile.win': Device or resource
> busy
> > (
> >
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-win7/builds/173/steps/svn%20export/logs/stdio
> > )
> >
> > "Device or resource busy" is the same error that later breaks building
> apr,
> > and they seem related. I asked pono to look into what has that file
> opened
> > or locked and am waiting for that and other maintenance on aoo-win7.
> >

> OK, great. Yes, this locking/resource busy business continues to be
> a problem with this buildbot.

And the aoo-w7snap buildbot.

> Thank you SO much for trudging on with this. I see you also put a
> custom remove in for the linux-32 nightly buildbot with its own
> custom timeout so hopefully we can get past this snag as well.

Pleasure. Yes, the SVN() buildbot command doesn't apply its timeout to the
subcommands it runs internally, so its "rm -rf" only gets 120 seconds which
isn't long enough. The openoffice-linux64-nightly has a similar timeout
issue with "cp" every now and then, which I am not sure how to fix. Maybe
we should just do svn checkouts the aoo-win7 way: running "svn co"
ourselves?

> Did pono have any words of wisdom regarding how to make our commits
> actually *happen*, or do we need to request a restart of specific
> buildmaster each time?

No, but after I committed my openoffice-linux32-nightly change and started
a rebuild of that buildbot (5 minutes and 18 seconds later), that change
was being used, so I guess that's working now.