On 3/16/2016 11:24 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org> wrote:

On 3/14/2016 10:49 AM, Oliver Brinzing wrote:

Hi Patricia,

Has anyone nailed getting e.g. windbg running with AOO on Windows? If so,
I have some questions.

better try with vs 2013 community edition 😉
I remember I had a lot of trouble with windbg.

Thanks for the tip - it does work better than windbg.

However, I seem to have a problem with it not loading all the symbols, so
I cannot set a breakpoint where I want.

My general procedure is to build AOO with configure parameter
--enable-symbols. I unzip the archive version, copy soffice.bin, and rename
the copy sofficebin.exe.

In Visual Studio, I do File-Open-Project/Solution and select my
sofficebin.exe. It seems to do some symbol loading, but not the module I
want.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Which module are you trying to debug this way? --enable-symbols only seems
to work for dmake modules, gbuild modules don't get any debug symbols. I
have a preliminary fix.

I was trying to debug in main/tools/source/generic.