On 27 Aug, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> On 28 Aug, Gav wrote:
>>> when did you try that last Don?
>>>
>>> That url comes up oops 404
>>
>> I last tried that in the last few weeks, but have been using a cached
>> copy since then.
>>
>> This page lists lots of mirrored copies:
>> <http://www.filewatcher.com/m/dmake-4.12.2.tar.bz2.461738-0.html>
>>
>> It looks like development has moved to GitHub:
>> <https://github.com/mohawk2/dmake/releases>
>
> and this is exactly what I was going to say ...
>
> With the demise of Google code the project moved to github and is under
> a new maintainer (FreeBSD uses the new github version).
>
> Perhaps we should mirror dmake-4.12.2, which was the last version
> released on apache-extras, on sourceforge and update the build link.

That seems like the easiest thing to do.  I tried downloading from
GitHub and ran into a complication.  The tarfile name downloaded from
github is DMAKE_4_12_2_2.tar.gz, but it unpacks into the directory
dmake-DMAKE_4_12_2_2 and bootstrap can't cope with that.  I could fix
bootstrap, but that only helps trunk.  Nothing could be done to fix
4.1.2 other than re-rolling the tarball.

At least for now, the new dmake download URL is:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2>