On 9/11/2016 12:50 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
What has to be done, in what sorts of environments, to generate all the
binaries?
Does, for example, building all the language versions for OSX have to be
done on a Mac, or can one take some language files and some OSX files
and combine them on a Windows machine?

The reference environments are listed at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.2/
(see the environments.txt file).

We use:
- CentOS 5 32-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 32-bit
- CentOS 5 64-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 64-bit
- MacOS X for Mac builds
- Windows 7 for Windows builds

The only one of those environments that I have is an elderly Windows 7 laptop with limited disk space.

Volunteers to do the building?

In short there is no cross-compiling. The only adaptation we do is to
build both RPMs and DEBs for Linux on the same system.

Regards,
  Andrea.