On 2020-01-10 13:24, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 10.01.20 um 07:14 schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
>> Hi again;
>>
>> On 2020-01-04 05:16, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi Pedro,
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the build process just stops at some point (on Windows),
>>> no error codes I could give you.
>> The problems are usually related to getting the patches applied
>> correctly. There can be no hunks or mismatches.
>>
>> I tested them one by one and they should be OK now. Same place:
>>
>> https://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/patch-python-2.17.diff
> When trying to apply this patch to trunk I get:
>
>  **** malformed patch at line 2048: Index:
> main/python/python-2.7.15-msvs9.patch

This shouldn't happen because all -2.7.15 are removed in the patch and
replaced with 2.7.17 versions.

% ls python
makefile.mk
prj
python-2.7.17-msvs9-dir.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9-no-host-python.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9-python-path.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9-subsystem.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9-win64-target.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9-win64.patch
python-2.7.17-msvs9.patch
python-2.7.17-nohardlink.patch
python-2.7.17-sysbase.patch
python-freebsd.patch
python-md5.patch
python-solaris.patch
python-solver-before-std.patch
python-ssl.patch
pyversion.mk
pyversion_dmake.mk

FWIW, I used "svn diff --patch-compatible", to generate the patch.

> (It would be nice if you could create a Pull Request on GitHub)

This would indeed by much easier for me. I'll do that!

Pedro.